Below you can find all the CPD courses offered by LACA.
Continuing Professional Development
2022 CPD Courses
- Sunday 15 May 2022 – Yin Yang & Five Elements Pulse Essential Diagnosis
- Sunday 5th June 2022 – The Six Meridian Method
- Sunday 3rd July 2022 – TCM support for Cancer Patients
- Sunday 7th August 2022 – Advance Tongue Diagnosis with Meridian Palpation Differentiation
- April 2021 – Mental Acupuncture Course (View the FREE webinar)
- April 2021 – Meridian Palpation and the Treatment Strategy for COVID-19 Associated Conditions
- May 2021 – Professor Deng Tietao’s Clinical Experience on Treating Metabolic Syndrome and Bi Syndrome
- June 2021 – Clinical Application of Patent Herbs Based on 8 Principle Differentiation
- April 2022 – Basic Scalp Acupuncture Workshop
Other Courses (see below):
- Electro Acupuncture
- Scalp Acupuncture
- Pulse Diagnosis
- Tongue Diagnosis
- Meridian Palpation
Tution Fee & Payment Method
Price: £95 per session or £270 for all sessions (unless otherwise stated)
Name: London Academy of Chinese Acupuncture LTD
Sort Code: 04-00-75
Account Number: 93250983
Payment Reference: Your name + course name
Please let us know after paid. You place will be secured after payment received.
WhatsApp: 0044 7515695369 (Out of the UK)
Electro acupuncture (EA) is a combination of practicing traditional acupuncture with the modern electric devices. Since its relatively recent developments, EA is getting extremely popular. The most recognized advantages of electro acupuncture include substituting for prolonged hand manipulation, producing a relatively stronger stimulation, easier to control the stimulation, beneficial for quantitative research, etc. There are several cautions should be noticed.
The one-day online seminar of electric acupuncture will introduce the origin and development of EA, the election of EA devices and its parameter; the function and indication of different parameter, the clinical application, EA combined with scalp acupuncture, and the caution of EA, etc.
Participants of this seminar will receive the Certificate, and 7 hours of CPD points, from the London Academy of Chinese Acupuncture (LACA)
Scalp Acupuncture (SA) is one of the modern microsystem acupuncture techniques which combine acupuncture needling methods with western medical knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, neurology and particularly the elementary functional neuroanatomy about representative areas of the cerebral cortex. During the treatment, the needles are inserted into the specific stimulating areas on the scalp to achieve the desired therapeutic effects, which is mainly used to treat brain related conditions.
Scalp Acupuncture was originally invented in China and first published in 1971 as a separately acupuncture technique. It is widely practiced in not only in China but also worldwide. There are several different styles of scalp acupuncture. After 50 years’ practice, scalp acupuncture is still on developing in its locations, techniques and applications.
The two-day workshop will introduce the origin and development of scalp acupuncture, the location of stimulation areas and indications, the manipulations and cautions of scalp acupuncture and its clinical applications.
The practical interactive workshop will enable the participants to learn how to integrate scalp acupuncture into their current clinical practice, gaining an insight into both the theoretical and practical basis for the integration of scalp acupuncture therapy alongside their own professional discipline.
Participants of this seminar will receive the Certificate, and 14 hours of CPD points, from the London Academy of Chinese Acupuncture (LACA)
Throughout so many years of TCM teaching, the most heard complaints and concerns from our students are about the pulse reading. We know it all! Yes pulse reading is difficult to learn and hard to be confident of, as it involves so many different depth and shapes on one pulse and it cannot be felt and described precisely. It takes a practitioner many years to develop a certain level of understanding and skill on the pulse, but one person’s pulse can be diagnosed by different practitioners with a wide diversity of TCM patterns, some of which can sound even completely contradictory. This confusing situation will be ended if you come to our advance pulse diagnosis course. In this course we will provide you with:
- a more structured pulse reading routine
- a easier and more practical system of pulse analysis
- a deeper understanding on pulse depth and shapes to enable immediate clinical application for herbal and acupuncture treatment.
- an advanced organ specific and anatomically oriented reading on pulse.
As a fundamental skill of TCM diagnosis, tongue reading provides essential information on patient’s constitutional basis. However, with the modernisation of TCM practice, there is a higher demand for an improvement on the quality of tongue reading in order to provide us a more precise, more efficient, more symptom specific differential diagnosis. Of TCM. This advance tongue reading course is to offer you a new experience on tongue reading diagnosis with:
- a more structured and practical routine
- more in depth analysis of tongue signs
- organ specific and anatomically oriented reading
Following pulse and tongue reading along with the usual diagnosis methods like the symptom interrogations, if you still have puzzles facing complicated cases in practice, meridian palpation will be a perfect field for you to extend your further adventure. Meridian palpation differentiation is a newly developed differential method based on the traditional classic records to enable you to precisely detect pathologies reflected on meridians by means of ratings of sensitivity and hollowness of activated points on relevant meridians. In this course we will provide you with:
- a deeper understanding on the key role of Yin-Yang, meridian-internal organs in the pathology of illnesses, and the skill to achieve immediate effect by using relevant meridian point.
- a wider range of thinking over the pathology of illnesses, including the brand new knowledge on diseases related to Defensive Qi and Nutritive Qi, so to treat them parallel to each other according to the reactions on Yin and Yang meridians.
- a better equipped skill to include herbal remedy, acupuncture, point massage, moxa and dietary therapy in your own practice, under one umbrella of meridian palpation differentiation.
- and most importantly, much higher confidence in treating many unknown and sophisticated illnesses.